Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Woman in Black : Frighteningly Mediocre


Albert Angulo

Hello my dear reader, is a pleasure to present to you my weekly movie review , it was late on Sunday when I decided to try something new this time and purchase a ticket for a horror movie unlike I I normally do as I don’t enjoy thrillers that much but I guess I wanted to expand my platform, this time the turn is for : “The Woman in Black “ which is a 2012 thriller horror film directed by James Watkins and written by Jane Goldman and is based on Susan Hill’s novel of the same name

The film star Daniel Radcliffe best known for his work in the series of Movies “Harry Potter “and I was never completely a fun of, do a merely mediocre job in this one ,and maybe it was the shadow of the young magician from Harry Potter that came coming back into my mind but , but I couldn’t stop getting flashbacks from Harry Potter and how much Daniel has changed than I barely paid attention to the a history, the actor has obviously grown a lot in his acting, let’s not forget he did an amazing Job taking his clothes off in “Ecus” his last play but , Daniel ; you are not Johnny Deep you can’t pull this type of movies off yet, I believe Daniel is so desperately trying to get rid of the Harry Potter image than he is overthinking the type of projects that he takes on .
A young lawyer (Radcliffe) travels to a remote village where he discovers the vengeful ghost of a scorned woman is terrorizing the local but It was just really hard for me to imagine him, being a father of a 4 year old ,in this Movie , it just didn’t really click , awfully unrealistic also it takes quite a time before the pieces of a poisonous puzzle appear, and when they do, they don't always fall into place with clarity., the end of the movie which I am obviously not going to give away is totally predictable honestly left me with a sense of being cheated and angry.
I believe the problem is not the movie itself is just than Harry Potter is six feet under and Daniel Radcliffe is understandably looking for ways to move his career in new directions. Full frontal all over the internet , singing and dancing his way through in a broadway musical and Now he’s just trying something else, but i don’t think spectators should pay for it, so you guessed it folks ! my recommendation is: do not go and see this movie , in fact get away from it as much as you can, as it will only be a total hour and 34 minutes waste of your pressure time . thanks and see you next time Albert.

No comments:

Post a Comment