Sunday, April 1, 2012

21 Jump Street : Master piece comedy with soul

by Albert Angulo
Is a 2012 American action comedy film. The film stars Jonah Hill who has fallen into the hollywood trend of losing tons of weight and is looking quite slender now which in my opinion is not the best option ,because yes, he was nominated for an Oscar by his work in Money Ball with Mr. Brad Pitt let's be realistic Jonah is a comedian and a big part of his charm was his Chubbyness but I am going to cut him a break because with this movie he demonstrated than looks doesn't really matter when you are talented ,he was scruciating and dryily funny in this movie , and Channing Tatum who in the earlier years of his career could be casted as the "cute " hollywood stud that only plays romantic roles and is not given too many lines in a movie , proved everybody wrong as he thrives in this comedy, his performance was absolutely adorable and vulnerable ,without being presumptuous ,one of my expertise are movies and I am kind of picky very few times in my life have I laughed so hard during a movie , and it was not only me but every one around me was cracking up !  the movie was written by Hill and Michael Bacall and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller The film also serves as a loose sequel to the 1987 TV Series of the same name by Stephen J. Cannel

and as I was going out thinking about what I needed to write about this Movie ,I couldn't stop thinking what was the formula of its success? and I guess is was all the different elements than they incorporated into it , I have to say whoever wrote this scrip is a genius, not only because it is already hard to write a movie , but is even harder to write a comedy specially with so much soul as this one , I don't know if the director or the author had this in mind but the movie is all about connection , which is what we all came to this world for , to connect with others, to relate and help each other and when we try to separate ourselves form others by fear of being perceive as "nerd" , "superficial" , as "dirtbag", " unpopular" , and all the other denominations than we give to ourselves not only in high school but in life is when trouble begins as we are going against our natural necessity of Connection .

This comedy in a very fun way talks about unifying ourselves and our talents to create better outcomes , the universe gave each one of us enough talents to thrive in life, I can't have the abilities and skills than somebody else have, as well as they can't have mine , we are all enough to succeed and unless we stop wanted to be or have somebody else's life and talents we are not going to flourish in our own . thanks to all my readers and unlike last week I strongly recommend this Movie a word of advice , go easy on the soda , because with so much laughing your bladder with pay the consequences. aso we shpuld take into account that the language is vey strong and might not be suitable for eveyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment