Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Obama Emotional Words on Same Sex Marriage

 I know is all politics and also know is kind of  pathetic  to fall into this emotional  campaing move that actually is going to be very helpful for the president  , but Iam still a human being and I can't help it , I merley teared when I saw him  talking about such an emotional topic for me , as I  have always battle between the idea of  having a wedding without being percive as a total joke nor  being an embarrasment  specially to my  Dad and Brother, so a big time WOW crossed my mind as I was listening to the first black president in history taking on another historical  moment, I honestly didn't think I  was going  live to see all than   have seen in my adult years but I guess this is the future than I so eagerly wanted to experience  when  I was a kid , so here we go ....

WASHINGTON D.C. May 9th 2012 , In a dramatic shift in public opinion, Barack Obama on Wednesday became the first sitting president to announce his support for same-sex marriage.
For such a momentous announcement, President Obama surely picked an interesting way to break the news.
Obama’s disclosure on Wednesday that he supports same-sex marriage came not in a news conference, not in a policy address and not in a campaign event, but in an interview with the co-host of a morning talk show:
"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," He said .

 
He added “You know, Malia and Sasha, they have friends whose parents are same-sex couples. There have been times where Michelle and I have been sitting around the dinner table and we’re talking about their friends and their parents, and Malia and Sasha, it wouldn’t dawn on them that somehow their friends’ parents would be treated differently. It doesn’t make sense to them and, frankly, that’s the kind of thing that prompts a change in perspective "
President Obama’s decision to embrace gay marriage may add a political complication to his reelection bid, but it is also unleashing a wave of new financial support from gay and lesbian donors who were already major backers of his candidacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment